2nd May, from 17:15 pm @ STATION Berlin On 2nd May, the first day of the three days conference re:publica, Germany’s biggest conference for Social Media & digital society, we will organise a programme on Urban Media & Smart Cities. Our programme starts at 17.15 h at Stage 4 with a keynote by Tim Edler from realities:united, the Berlin based studio for art, architecture and technology. In a panel we will further pursue the question how urban media as temporary communication platform could facilitate the exchange between citizens to support the diversity of a city. How can we use the networked infrastructures for the shaping of a socio-cultural urban development? Panel guests include: Khaldoun Al Agha, EIT ICT Lab | Oriana Persico & Salvatore Iaconesi, AOS Art is Open Source | Evanela Lapi, Fokus Fraunhofer | Tim Edler, realities:united | Moderation: Martin Spindler. The panel will be followed by a Urban Media Lounge from 18:45 h in the Open Space. If you are wondering about the impact of the digitalisation on our cities, if you’re curious about alternative network topologies and want to hear more about the potential of artistic interventions for our urban live you should visit us there. The Lounge invites experts from the field to host a roundtable to discuss such questions and related projects with you. Your hosts are:
- Susa Pop, Public Art Lab. “European Urban Media Network for Connecting Cities. From temporary artistic interventions to a sustainable urban media planning.”
- Sibylle Kubale, Enterprise Europe Network Berlin-Brandenburg. “European programmes for living cities”
- Julian Oliver. “Network topologies as political control toplogies.” ex.case: Newstweek.
- Khaldoun Al Agha, ECT ICT Lab. “The Citizen Centric model within the Digital Cities: The eco-System”
- Oriana Persico & Salvatore Iaconesi, AOS. “Living Cities: the use of user-generated content for the real-time understanding of the live of cities”
The Lounge will be kicked-off with the presentation of considerable cases like the projects Living Cities (initiator: AOS, Art is Open Source) and the European Urban Media Network for Connecting Cities (initiator: Public Art Lab, 2012 – 2016), host the launch of the publication Urban Media Cultures (release: April 2012, avedition) and the recently founded Urban Media Network. If you want to attend, please RSVP to email@example.com by Friday, 27.April, with the subject line: Urban Media Lounge, including a brief note on the preferred table. Of course you can still move around. Drinks and snacks will be provided. Organised with the kind support of Enterprise Europe Network Berlin-Brandenburg. We are very much looking forward meeting you there.